Ginkgo Biloba is a very widely used herb that has been in use for thousands of years by the Chinese. Ginkgo Biloba comes from an endangered ornamental Chinese Tree believed to be extinct in the wild. This incredible tree is called a ‘living fossil’, has no modern relatives and produces an extract with amazing qualities.
The extract from it’s fan shaped leaves is a very popular herbal product. The Flavone Glycosides present in the extract have shown to have an effect on the body’s vascular system. Research has shown that Ginkgo Biloba reduces the tendency for dangerous clots or thromboses to form in the veins and arteries, aiding in the recovery from heart attacks. It is also valuable as a brain enhancing herb as it increases blood flow to the brain and aids in the recovery and prevention of strokes.
Research suggests that Ginkgo Biloba may help:
- Move blood and oxygen to the brain to enhance memory and mental alertness.
- Help in the elasticity and strength in the blood vessels and capillaries
- Relieve headache, vertigo, and ringing in the ears
- Strengthen the cardiovascular system, reducing tendency for clots
- Scavenge free-radicals that can damage cells and accelerate aging.